Golden Milk Latte Recipe
Golden milk latte also known as turmeric tea is a delicious, natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant drink.
The health benefits of golden milk come from the curcumin found in turmeric. With the combination of black pepper, it boosts the absorption of curcumin. The compound piperine prevents the liver from metabolizing the curcumin before it can be absorbed into the bloodstream. All you need is a pinch of black pepper to increase the bioavailability as much as 2,000%.
Here’s just a few of the health benefits of golden milk
- Reduces free-radical damage and oxidative stress
- Reduces inflammation
- Improved digestive function
- Boosted immunity
- Clarifies the skin
- Boost your mood
- 1 Cup of Milk (your preferred choice we like Coconut Milk)
- 1 Tbsp of Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp Cloves
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Honey
- Heat milk in a small pot.
- Add coconut oil/ghee and all spices and honey to milk.
- Blend everything together with a milk frother or whisk.
- Poor and enjoy!
- Add 1 tbsp of Cocoa Powder to make a super yummy hot chocolate version.
- You can blend milk and spices in a blender before warming.
- Play around with other spices such as ⅛ tsp of ginger or a pinch of cayenne.
- This also tastes wonderful iced.