Dry Shampoo is an amazing little product that hides our hairs dirty little secrets but it has a few of its own. Particularly commonly loved drugstore brands.
Here are 5 ugly truths behind drugstore dry shampoos that you may not have known.
- The Aerosol in dry shampoos tends to leave a residue that at times can feel sticky. This can cause the product to build up and can make you shed more hair then you should. Which could lead to thinning hair.
- Dry shampoos dispensed by a chemical reaction between aerosol volatile compounds are unsafe products. They contain synthetic ingredients that are left on the scalp for days and even weeks, causing pollution and eventual damage to the scalp mantel.
- The aluminum starch used in many dry shampoos is great for absorbing oils, but it sits on your scalp and can clog your pores.
- Drugstore dry shampoo sprays contain alcohol, which dries out your hair shaft.
- Aerosols can make the air around you difficult to breathe, can cause headaches or even nausea to you and everyone near the area you’re spraying in.
So what should you use instead? We’ve got you covered girl! Our organic spray dry shampoo gives you the convince of an aerosol spray can without any of the negatives, and with simple ingredients that work.